Friday, June 28, 2013

DIY Two-piece ensemble from an old jumpsuit


You want to know what to do with an old strapless jumpsuit?


Hello Lovelies,
I've been seeing ensembles of two-pieces everywhere lately. I've had this blue light strapless jumpsuit for 3 years now, and I never wore it before, so I decided to turn it into shorts. Since I had leftover of the top, I decided to use it to make a faux-pocket by measuring where I wanted the pocket to be. Then I cut a piece from the clothe that I glued (E6000) to the t-shirt. I put a small cardboard inside the t-shirt behind the pocket so the glue wouldn't stick the front of the t-shirt to the back of the t-shirt. I put two heavy books on top of the pocket and left them on there for two hours. Et Voilà! You have a two-piece ensemble, perfect for the Summer.

[Wearing]: Zara closed toe strappy sandals (here) | Blue strapless jumpsuit (similar here) | White t-shirt | Accessories: Tyler Rodan black handbag, Rayban wayfarer sunglasses, H&M hat, H&M jewelry, Gold chain necklace (gift), Chanel brooch (gift), L'Oreal pink nail polish.
 

Have an A-W-E-Some weekend!

7 comments:

unitedcolorsofaggie said...

Every piece of tis outfit is amazing!!!loveeeee it!!!

Carmen said...

Great DIY, I have a similar jumpsuit I don´t wear anymore xD
xx
www.clothesandcamera.com

Lubka Henry said...

Weekend-friendly style! Very nice indeed :))

Rachel Pheasant said...

what a smart use for an item of clothing you bought but didn't wear! I should think about DIYing my old stuff more often--I usually just end up giving it away.

Best,
Rachel
www.thecuratorial.com

Unknown said...

Wow what a great way to get the most out of an unwanted jumpsuit. Well done girl.

xoxo
Ivy
http://www.purrpleivy.com/

Unknown said...

Such a cute DIY Jessy! It came out really nice :)

www.oh-my-glam.com

The Fashion Curl said...

I love this Look.
I have chosen it for the look of the day of tomorrow on my facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fashion-is-my-Drug-3/129518297087929